Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Goodbye Thornwald: Onto Another Adventure

I'm trying to write this without crying, but I do need to update everyone about Thornwald. He was finally discharged from the Palmyra Animal Clinic, but he won't be returning home with me. This decision was made by Susquehanna Service Dogs based on how he has been doing in classes. As many of you might know, Thornwald gets confused and distracted quite easily. As much as I have tried, it is still difficult to get his attention and the people at Susquehanna Service Dogs want to try out another trainer to see if he will do better in another household or environment. This does happen quite often, and although it is quite painful for me, I know that he will be in good hands. They promised that I will be able to see him and if the trainer needs a sitter, that I might be able to sit him. They will be setting up a time that I will be able to see him in a week or two, but for now, it will be a difficult transition to not having him there.

My goal is to put my energy into better my health and finances. I hope to be able to raise another service dog when another litter is born, but for now, I will be contacting local animal shelters and possibly doing volunteer work with them. For now, I hope to use my free time to help other dogs and animals. I know that this is not the end for Thornwald, but hopefully, the beginning. I will miss him, but if this is what is best for him, and the new environment will be better for his training.









3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great work, teaching your dog to stay calm can be one of the most daunting tasks if one doesn't know what they are doing. Also check out Dog training beaverton and puppy obedience training secrets exposed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good line and nice image this post. this post will be effectively Just about everything looks good displayed thanks for sharing. Fairfax Dog Training expert to train dogs and providing all type dog training in Fairfax, Virginia. If you have a train dog in your house when you can sleep relaxing.

    ReplyDelete