Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Small Dog with a Big Heart: Our Car Accident



On Friday morning, I was driving from downtown Lancaster and slid into the back of another vehicle. This last storm had ended over 24 hours prior, and I was in second gear, going 15 mph, and was over a car's distance from the car in front of me. There was a red light so I started to slow down and my car kept going. The rest is quite obvious. This post is not about my misfortune, but about how Waldo handled the situation. 

My dear Thornwald (Waldo) did not react to the accident. I hurried to get him out of the back of the vehicle. He reacted the way that I thought he would... by exploring the area and trying to meet anyone that stopped to see if we were okay. He was very well behaved and stayed close to me. I was worried being so close to the road, but Waldo stuck very close to me the whole time. I have a panic disorder and I have had severe panic attacks in less severe situations. After I had dealt with the phone calls and tow truck, Waldo and I climbed into the tow truck and he calmly placed his head on my lap. He is usually more energetic when in new situations, but he just sat there calmly. He looked up at me with the sweetest look. He calmed me down and prevented me from having a panic attack. I could not believe how he understood his role so quickly. 


The next few months are going to be very difficult for me, but I know with Waldo by my side, I will be able to get through them. If you would like to help me support Waldo during the next few months, I have setup a GoFundMe page where you can donate. Any amount is helpful, but do not worry if you cannot. Your thoughts and prayers are enough.

Thank you for your support, Waldo and I both appreciate it. 




Esther and Waldo



1 comment:

  1. Glad you both are OK. Prayers and thoughts to you both. God and His angels were watching over you too.

    ReplyDelete