Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hiking is Hard Work!

As part of my medical treatment plan, I have been instructed to start exercising more often. As much fun as just exercising at home really is, I decided that this spring/summer/fall, Waldo and I would take up hiking! I took advantage of the first real non-winter day and loaded the car up for a trip to the Middle Creek Wildlife Preserve for a day of hiking.

There is an actual welcome center when you get to the site. Inside, there is an area for children and an observation area in addition to the museum. Waldo and I first went hiking on the conservation trail. Waldo was very distracted by the wildlife, but we did spend a lot of time focusing on loose-leash walking and leave it. Luckily, I did not end up falling, but he did pull me a down a couple hills...

After going on the trail, we then proceeded to the observation area next to the lake. There were a lot of interesting people and dogs. We tried to get a glimpse of the waterfowls, but they were a bit too far for us to see. I'm including some photos of our trip.














There weren't that many waterfowl left, but it was interesting to see how many people were interested in watching these birds. We might go back when it is warmer, but for the distance, I think that Waldo and I have a lot of interesting options closer or the same distance that we still need to hike! We will definitely return, but for now, we will be trying out a few more trails in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment